HoldMyStock is an app from MindKlip that allows Shopify merchants to automatically reserve stock for their ReCharge subscribers, ensuring that subscribed customers always have the products they need in stock. This helps ensure that there's always available stock for valuable subscription customers.
In addition to reserving stock, HoldMyStock also provides configurable options, such as the number of days in the future to reserve stock and which products are eligible for reservation (Pro plan up).
To use HoldMyStock, you will need the following:
- A Shopify account
- A ReCharge account
- API key for ReCharge with the following permissions:
- Orders: read access
- Subscriptions: read access
- Customers: read access
- Products: read access
Please note that if you do not have the correct permissions set up for your ReCharge API key, HoldMyStock may not work properly.
To install HoldMyStock, follow these steps:
- Visit the HoldMyStock page on the Shopify app store.
- Click on the "Add app" button to begin installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- After installation is complete, navigate to the HoldMyStock dashboard to begin configuring your reservation options.
Once you have installed HoldMyStock, you can configure your reservation options. To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the HoldMyStock app in Shopify.
- Enter your ReCharge API key.
- Set your reservation options.
- Reservation days: Set the number of days in the future that HoldMyStock should reserve stock for your subscribers.
- If you would like to select which products should be eligible for
reservations, navigate to the Products section of HoldMyStock.
- Select Apply to all products in the store to select all products up to your plan limit.
- Select Manually upload a CSV of products to upload a list of products
that should be eligible for reservation (Pro plan or higher required).
- Uploaded CSV should have a column titled Handle to identify the parent product. This is the same format used by Shopify product exports.
ReCharge API Key - Go to your ReCharge admin interface and navigate to Apps > API Keys. You can follow these directions.
Once you have completed these steps, HoldMyStock will automatically reserve stock for your ReCharge subscribers, ensuring that they always have access to the products they need.
Important - HoldMyStock utilizes draft orders in Shopify in order to reserve stock. Please do not modify or delete any draft orders that are created by HoldMyStock (identified via hold-my-stock-draft tag). If you would like to remove all stock reservations, you can disable stock reserving on the HoldMyStock dashboard and the draft orders will be cleared during the next sync.
Navigate to the Reports section of HoldMyStock to download a report of all currently reserved products.
Before uninstalling HoldMyStock, if you would like to remove all existing stock reservations, we suggeste first disabling stock reserving on the HoldMyStock dashboard. During the next sync, all existing reservations will be removed and you can then uninstall HoldMyStock.